Monday, March 2, 2015

“Ready,” “Excited,” “Blessed,” “Peaceful,” “Finally,” “Present”-Day 1

These are some of our “words of the day” from our 14-membered team.  Our hodge-podge, hand-picked team finally all congregated in Miami, after flying in from Minnesota and Kentucky!  We are so thankful to God for our safe travels and smooth sailing today!

Leaders:  Tom & Shelley
Brittany
Claudia
Hannah
Jeff James
Kaley
Lacey
Michael & Erin
Michelle
Rachael
Sara
Tonya

In Sarah Young’s “Jesus Calling” for today, March 2nd, it says, “I am the resurrection and the life; all lasting Life emanates from Me.  People search for life in many wrong ways:  chasing after fleeting pleasures, accumulating possessions and wealth, trying to deny the inevitable effects of aging.  Meanwhile, I freely offer abundant Life to everyone who turns toward Me.  As you come to Me and take My yoke upon you, I fill you with My very Life.  This is how I choose to live in the world and accomplish My purposes.  This is also how I bless you with Joy unspeakable and full of Glory.  The Joy is Mine, and the Glory is Mine; but I bestow them on you as you live in My Presence, inviting Me to live fully in you.”

As many of our team members have been to Haiti at least one other time, and some first-timers, we are looking forward to a JOY-filled week!  The JOY of the Lord is our strength!  We all have our stories and carry the good things of our lives and the bad things of our lives, and God uses all of that for His glory.  The best part is, He gives us joy and peace in return-thank you Lord!  1 Peter 1:8 says, “Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.”


We are looking forward to Cite Soliel water truck deliveries tomorrow…!!

No comments:

Post a Comment