Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Rain & Shine...It was a great day in Haiti

Despite the fact that I've been up for about 36 hours straight, today's travel day to Haiti has been a great one.  How could it NOT be, right? I was thrilled to make my third trip down and even more excited to experience this trip with our awesome group that includes a mixture of veterans and newbies (one of which is my super awesome boyfriend).

From our slightly chaotic experience at the airport to a crowded taptap ride to the NEW guesthouse, to a gorgeous evening thunderstorm, we have had a great time getting to know each other as we settle into  this Haitian experience.

Unfortunately, my sleep deprivation doesn't bode well for a long, well written blog post.  However, I will say that so far, my favorite part is answering questions our newbies have and just watching them take in all of the new sights and sounds that this experiences provides.

There may not be much that compares with the intense feelings of my own first trip to Haiti, but there is definitely something to be said about watching others, especially those you care deeply about, dive into an experience that you know will change their perspective, forever.

With that...I'm off to bed as we'll be up super early for the sunrise service!

Megan




No comments:

Post a Comment